Blue Tongue Talk
Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  HomeHelpSearchLogin NetChows.com  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Question for Janneke or Peter (Read 7429 times)
Gurkan

Once chow - always chow!

Härnösand, Sweden
Re: Question for Janneke or Peter
Reply #15 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:08pm

Seal wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 6:50pm:
In fact the complete tests and scorings for knees and hips (requested by the breed club in Holland) and elbows (to accomodate with the international standards for healthy Chow breeding) will cost about 400 to 500 euro.
The puppy is about 1100-1200 euro over here -- to show the relation of the prices.

What is free is the decision to participate -- or not.

That is very expensive!! I had a chow xrayed for HD and ED a little over a week ago and I payed 1300 SEK, which is about 130 Euro. An additional 300 SEK (30 Euro) was payed to the Swedish Kennel Club for evaluation of the xrays.
Puppy price here is about 12000 SEK (1200 Euro).

It's very simple to do HD/ED tests here. You just go to any vet that has xray facilities. The vet then sends the xrays to the Swedish Kennel Club and the owner of the dog pays a fee for the grading and for the result to go public and become official and within 1-2 weeks (sometimes only in a few days), you'll have the results in your mailbox (snail mail) and published online in the kennel club database.
If you don't pay for the grading, the results will go public anyway after 6 months if the dog has HD C-E or ED 1-3. This is to prevent people from not paying only because they don't want to have poor results published...
We have a tradition here of always being very open about health test results and I think this is excellent!

WWW 287065334  
IP Logged

Seal

Why rough when smooth
is an option

Pieterburen, Netherlands
Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 7:05pm

Jessica, Sweden is really an example for us.
I think it is very special that the xray fees are relatively low as we know now also from our own experience that for other treatments Swedish vets ask a much higher fee than we are used to in Holland.
This means the priorities are put in another way.
To my taste the choices are made well.

Kind regards,
Janneke
IP Logged

Gurkan

Once chow - always chow!

Härnösand, Sweden
Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:12pm

Seal wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 7:05pm:
Jessica, Sweden is really an example for us.
I think it is very special that the xray fees are relatively low as we know now also from our own experience that for other treatments Swedish vets ask a much higher fee than we are used to in Holland.
This means the priorities are put in another way.
To my taste the choices are made well.

I believe the vets will charge a little extra for treatments that they know the insurance of the pet will cover. Xraying hips and elbows is not an insurance matter, so therefore it's not as expensive. This is just my guess and not a fact!

WWW 287065334  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print