Send Topic Print
How to (Read 17356 times)
chowlove
Ex Member

Re: How to
Reply #15 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:17pm

Merlin wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:16pm:
Seal, I guess people in Cornwall don't enjoy our humour. Grin Grin Grin

Oh well Chowlove. It's very easy. If you want to know a good breeder in your area call up Chow Canada. I'm sure they will happily tell you who their members are... or better still, since you only want a pet, why don't you adopt a chow instead. There are P L E N T Y looking for homes.

Adopt ?? do you know anyone who has good chows to adopt ??

IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #16 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:25pm

Sure we do - EVERY chow rescue in North America has chows to adopt.

Naturally however most chow rescues only adopt to good homes. Smiley

And because most chows in rescue come from Back Yard Breeders, puppy mills and junk dealers, don't expect them to be perfect - but at LEAST they will be sterilized so they can't accidentally reproduce again.

IP Logged

chowlove
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:41pm

That's easy Seal.. Because someone went and put their foot in their mouth on another forum and now is trying to get papers for their chow mix. [/quote]

What forum is that ?? im only on this forum. Is thier an other place you can refuer me too ??

IP Logged

chowlove
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:43pm

are the dogs good with children ?? I have 4 kids under the age or 7. I wouldnt mind adopting, only i want to make sure its not agressive. As for the qualifications, there is no probleme, we have a nice big house with a BIG fencend yard, We have 1 chow (2 yrs) 2 labs (1 and 8 yrs) we had an AKITA but it passed away this summer Cry

IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:45pm

It's not important dear. Wink

What's important is that while you are here, you can use this board as an opportunity to learn or you can use this as a negative opportunity.

The people on this board are excellent mentors and everyone can learn new things if they open their mind.

Maybe instead of insisting on your point, you could change the type of questions so you can learn a few things in life.

As people we have choices.
We can stay stupid all our lives, or we can choose to educate ourselves. Usually the educated person ends up making better choices in their lives. They make better choices for themselves, their families and the world around them.

That is what you should focus on here.

IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:49pm

Quote:
nice big house with a BIG fencend yard,

That doesn't' make you a good home.
Why would you think that?

What makes a person a good home is a person who is responsible, who is willing to feed their dogs quality foods, is willing to apply themselves to the needs of the dog at all times and is willing to go to school with the dog if it's necessary.  It has nothing to do with what kind of house you live in. Plenty of people live in small apartments and are excellent dog owners.

Lots of people live in large houses and abandon their dogs to the back yard and the dog never gets to see the inside of the house again.

In your case, you say you have a female that you want to show, so that would mean she's not sterilized. NO rescue will put a dog in a home that has unsterilized animals.

IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:51pm

As far as children goes, dogs that end up in Rescues are very rarely puppies. THey are usually mature adult dogs, so each dog has to be evaluated very differently for small children.
Some chows are ok. Other's aren't. It depends on the dogs and the policy of each individual rescue, and by the way, over 65% of chows end up in rescues B E C A U S E they bit a child.

IP Logged

chowlove
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:04pm

well i would love to see if the adoption center would have a chow thats good for us, the kids would be soo happy. My children are actually great with the dogs, they play outside with them, the eldest LOVES to brush the dogs Smiley As for us we are good parents (kids and dogs) all our dogs are well fed, groomed, socialized, and LOVED. We take 1 hours walks ever night with them. WE DONT beleive in zapp collars, or any violance. How do i aply for a dog ??

IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #23 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:15pm

If you want to see an adoption center, then go to an SPCA. Rescues don't have "centers". Dogs are kept in private homes.

You can't just "apply" for a dog. You have to see a dog, fall in love with their story,  decide that you want to help them and offer them a N E W lease on life, then contact the rescue and submit an application.

That's how rescue works.

The R E S C U E will decide if the dog fits into your lifestyle - not the other way around.

IP Logged

chowlove
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:17pm

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH can you refere me to a good shelter ?? One with a good reputation ? I just moved here so im not familiar with the area

IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #25 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:23pm

Like I said, do a search on petfinder, find the chow , chow mix, dog, or cat of your dreams then make the conscious decision to help them but before you bother to contact them, make sure your DNA certified chow is sterilized.

or better still.... just go to your local SPCA and add your name to their breed list. Next time they take in a chow they'll call you.

IP Logged

chowlove
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:25pm

actually she is sterilized, and she has a tattoo on her belly (greenish blue lin) where the incision was made. Thanks ill look up petfinders Smiley

IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #27 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:26pm

If she's sterilzed, then how could you even consider showing her?  Isn't that why you wanted her paper? Because you wanted to show her?

IP Logged

chowlove
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:30pm

ooo i thought that shows were just to show the beauty...like beauty pagents... well ive leared some thing new , im kind of imbarressed Embarrassed

IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #29 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:52pm

You'll be even more embarrassed to know that in Cornwall ( if that's where you really live), the Bylaw stipulates that you can only have a total of 3 dogs, so I guess you can't adopt one either.

Maybe before you make decisions to show your dog or to take in another dog you could spend time educating yourself about those things FIRST. For sure you'll end up much less embarrassed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print