Blue Tongue Talk
Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  HomeHelpSearchLogin NetChows.com  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Bahamas Kennel Club (Read 8562 times)
Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
The Bahamas Kennel Club
Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:01am

The Bahamas Kennel Club is hosting their 2010 annual international dog show in March 20 and 21.

Well last year was quite pleasing that Krillan winning his championship. Every time that I think about it, it still puts a smile on my face. Krillan had won his last CC under Mr Gerard Penta on the last day of the show so that was a very tense moment that I think I ever had in my life.

So at the next event they are bringing two more judges from the States all breed judge Ms. Barbra Alderman and Ms. Rita Bell (both from the U.S.). Seeing that I already got what I wanted, showing to them would not be so bad because my nerves took over before and a lttle while in the ring last time.

However, I may (not too sure) make this Krillan's last show. By the time the show rolls around he is going to be 8, however he still moves and act as if he is still a puppy though (it just depends on him).He is going in both breed and veterans. So this year i am pulling out all the stops this go around. I have kept a record of what Mr. Penta and Mr. Smith told me and I am going to improve upon what I can.

I re-read the standard and jotted down what I can improve. I've changed their dog food to a holistic brand. I am doing more studies, but I may place them on a vitamin supplement. Enhancing the coat around shedding season (coincidentally not long before March) so I found a great coat supplemet enhancer that got great results in the testimonials with pictures available. We are going (or I atleast plan) to go on more walks (,where is a treadmill when you need it). Also there are a couple other things that i need to run across their vet (my boss, so free consultation) before I make any decisions so............ March is couple months away and all i have to do is hope and pray for the best, because just like last year that will come very fast.

Shane

S.B.G. Chow Chows
Do you own your Chow Chow or does your Chows own you. Who serves who?
Shane conch32003@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

DutchChow
Master Moderator

Let's Flavour The World
With Chows

Netherlands
Re: The Bahamas Kennel Club
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 11:48am

Ha Shane--,

Nice to hear from you again and thank you for the update and up-coming show. March, isn't it?
Yes, and now doing your utmost to get Krillan in a 'super' condition.
To my 'simple' opinion don't changege too much when you feel Krillan is healthy and looking good.
Too many parameters changing  at once isn't always so good.
Groom as much as possible.....

Peter

--
DutchChow
"While My Blue Tongue Gently Whispers: 'Chow Chow' "
IP Logged

Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 9:35pm

Hi Peter,

I know that it has been a long time since I have been here. Yeah it's in March,....I remember last year around this same time I was already being nervous, thankfully I don't have that feeling.

I will take your advice into consideration. Oh yeah, I mentioned before that I had switched his food to a holistic brand. He has been on it about a Month now and I already noticed that he is filing out nicely, and that his coat seem to have a little more volume to it. So thankfully I have made a good decision to change to a better brand of food. I also noticed changes in Shadow as well.

I am keeping watch on their weight to see if they don't gain to much weight because Krillan is already a senior and Shadow hindquarters aren't the best. I've been reading articles on how to perfect my handlings skills, I have been collecting Dog World for 4 years now and many of those articles are coming in handy. I am constantly re-reading the standard to see where his short-comings to see where my handling can minimize them.

So I am keeping sane but, constantly busy to see  what I can do. So since I am not sure whether this maybe his last show we are going to put on a good show and have fun doing it.

Shane

S.B.G. Chow Chows
IP Logged

DutchChow
Master Moderator

Let's Flavour The World
With Chows

Netherlands
Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 11:29am

Hi Shane--,

Thank you for the update and your progress in preparing for the show.

Feel convident to share more the forthcoming period in how you are progressing.

Peter

--
DutchChow
IP Logged

paula
BlueTongueTalker

Chows Rule!

Northeastern PA   U.S.
Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 11:36pm

Good luck, Shane!
Paula

IP Logged

Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:10pm

Thanks Paula, and I would keep you all posted.

Shane

S.B.G. Chow Chows
IP Logged

Sirchow

Live like a chow - each
day as it comes.

Scotland
Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:53pm

Hi Shane,  I wish you all the luck in the world with this show and I am sure what ever the results you have the best chow in the world. Cheesy

I am fairly new to this site and have only shown my girl Bramble at one show which qualified her to compete at Crufts.  I feel horribly ignorant about the whole thing and wonder what I can do to show her to her best.  Any articals or links you could share would be much appreciated because I am not even that sure what I am trying to achieve.  Unfortunately even with much prompting the judges notes for her one show have never been forthcoming so I feel very much in the dark.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Siriol and Bramble

IP Logged

Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 11:55pm

Thanks Sirchow I know I have the best of the best!

Shane

S.B.G. Chow Chows
IP Logged

Merlin

Chow Baby!

Ontario , Canada
Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 6:08pm

Hey Shane.. it would be great to see some Bahama chow pics too! don't forget!!! Grin

IP Logged

Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
Reply #9 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 11:16pm

Right now I my camera doesn't work and my phone doesn't dish out decent pics,....so once i get a new camera I'll post some pics.

Shane

S.B.G. Chow Chows
IP Logged

Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2010 at 1:38am

Well only 2 more weeks until the Dog Show. I am so nervous right now. You would think that I am going to try an get Krillan's Championship all over again.

Well I got some news today that the Standard Poodle from Abaco will be competing this year,... wow am I so scared. We never competed against her before,...however in 2006 when I showed Shadow, she lost the breed to a male from Nassau. Although that doesn't mean she is a light weight.

Well lust letting you guys know that I have been praying everyday, since my first post for the best outcome. So the coat supplement that I have been using really works and it has only been 5 weeks. I had really regreted not ordering it sooner. Well also Krillan and Shadow had gained some more weight, adding substance however the aren't over weight. Also I was increasing thier omega 3 fatty acid intake helping with their coat. Also, one more thing is that they have very nice muscle tone.

Seeing that the Standard Poodle and some other international dogs are going to give me a run for my money, I have to make sure that my handling skills are flawless. We pulled off some superb handling last year, there is no doubt that there is no reason that we cannot pull it off again.

I have one quwestion though have any of you used any volumizing shampoo and conditioner on your chows' coat before, also what are your thoughts on other volumiozing products.

Shane

S.B.G. Chow Chows
IP Logged

DutchChow
Master Moderator

Let's Flavour The World
With Chows

Netherlands
Reply #11 - Mar 7th, 2010 at 11:03am

Hi Shane--,

Thank you for your update and I can imagine that the more the special event is coming near you are more tensed...
Yes, you will make it. I'm pretty sure.
What 'Standard Poodle' ???? Huh

Good to read that the supplement has a good effect on the coat.
With respect to shampoo and a conditioner I have no experience. I know it is applied. But really necessary?

Oooh, don't forget - as Merlin mentioned too - to arrange pictures!!!! Ask a friend or so.

Take care,

Peter

--
DutchChow
IP Logged

Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 8:45pm

I already got that sorted out with the pictures. I can't rememeber the Poodles registered name, however she is a U.S. import.

Although Krillan's coat is in wonderful condition, I thought that adding what may appear to be more coat by using the volumizing products would give me an extra edge.

Poodles over here can be shown in any clip and her owner favors to show her in the puppy clip, so she would not be in the fluffy continental or english saddle clip. However, I was thinking that since the foreign judges are use to overly bred in coats, i thought that if I present a dog to them with that have the same kind or close to of coat that i should fare well in the ring. One reason why i am focusing on his coat is because this is where both judges gave me their toughest critique.

S.B.G. Chow Chows
IP Logged

Sirchow

Live like a chow - each
day as it comes.

Scotland
Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 4:34pm

Hi Shane, I have used the Chris Christensen shampoos and they come for all clours and finishes and I found them excellent.  They dont seem to leave a residue and left Brambles coat beautiful.  The volumising shampoo works well because she was a little thin of coat on her hindquarters at her last show and the volumising shampoo really bulked her out.  I dont know how much that sort of thing fools the judge really but I suppose if the first view they have is of a ballanced coat it leaves an impression in their minds.

Good luck!

Siriol and Bramble

IP Logged

Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
Reply #14 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 9:53pm

Well, I had both Krillan and Shadow on the coat formula to help them grow coat, it did it's job (for Krillan). It was suppose to stop sheding and it said on the pamplet that it came with was to make sure that the dog old coat has been shed out to about 90%. The reason was because it saids that it can stop a dog from shedding during the middle of the process.

Sunday pass was the last handling class (and Saturday is the day of the show), and some people recommended me to put Shadow in the show (which I then did). Then time for a bath (with the products) and about 45% of his coat went down the drain. What did suprise me is that Krillan's coat is still intact.

I used the volumizing shampoo, conditioner, mousse and holding spray. His coat does look decent, however, when time for you to put your hands on him you can tell that there is not much under coat.

Krillan's coat still is in order though.

S.B.G. Chow Chows
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print