HomeHelpSearchLogin NetChows.com  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OH MY GOD!! (Read 4335 times)
Lion_Dog

I Love Chows!

OH MY GOD!!
Jul 10th, 2009 at 9:00am

i don't know if i'm posting the topic i'm about to talk about in the right area of this forum but i have to get this across!  OMG I just saw the most disturbing video on youtube of some guy putting his poor chow in the pool and his female friend video taping it!  he thinks the dog is swimming but it's not!  it's just trying to keep his head up so he won't drown.  the poor chow!  i don't know if anyone here has a chow that swims but to me, that video is very disturbing to me.   i can't type now because i'm shaking.  oh, the poor chow  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry  he's even titled his video "my lion chowchow first swimming course"! 

i can't get that video out of my head.  it's sad.

IP Logged

Yvonne

There is no dog as beautiful
as a Chow Chow

Hendersonville, TN
Re: OH MY GOD!!
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 8:24pm

Hi,
So many people are so darned naiive about dogs!  But I want to share an experience with you that might make you feel a little bit better.  My chows hate water.  I figured that's a chow thing.  But, my little red one, Belle, was playing by the ocean with a friend of hers, and a wave surprized her, and swept her up.  She paddled her way out of the water, just like any other dog would have, hit the beach running, and had the biggest grin on her face I ever saw.  She was very clearly proud of herself and exhilerated from the experience.  Since then, she's slipped into a shallow creek and come out laughing, but apart from that, water is still a "no thank you" in Belle's book.  They (well at least Belle) can swim.  I don't know any of the scientific facts behind it, but I don't think the dog would have drown.  I am quite sure, though, that it was a miserable experience for him, and the only one having fun was the owner.

IP Logged

Lion_Dog

I Love Chows!

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 8:43pm

hi yvonne,

it's great your Belle can swim.  my likes water too. she loves to play with water but i wouldn't put her in a pool.  if we go walking to a park or anywhere, i won't go near the lake or ocean because i know she will go in it.  i don't want to have to dry and fluff her up to make her all pretty again. she's got a lot of fur!

i seriously could not sleep all night yesterday.  all i could think about was that poor chow.  the guy kept putting the chow in the center of the pool, and each time it would "swim" to the edge of the pool.  there was no way for it to climb/jump out as the edge was too high for it.  and on top of that, the poor dog was probably too tired to even push itself out of the pool.  i'm so mad at those people!  if they wanted a water dog, they should have gotten themselves a retriever.

thanks for making me feel better  Smiley

IP Logged

Yvonne

as a Chow Chow

Hendersonville, TN
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 8:55pm

LOL - oh yes, mine have plenty of fur too!! Smiley  Our stop on the way home was the groomer, and then the car wash that day!  Grin  Oh my gosh, the day she fell in the creek!!  She slipped away from my husband (he's notorious for letting them slip out of their collars, and they know his weakness), and off she went, to explore the woods out back that had been calling to her since we moved here!!  haha  I followed and saw the commotion of her slipping off a log and 'splush'!  (she is quite sure footed, but the log rolled) She came to me, ever so humbly, with a 4 foot long root tangled up in her fur, dragging behind her!  It was so tangled up that I was forced to cut it out!  Ah but she was happy! Roll Eyes   That sense of wilderness just made her day!
Did you leave a comment on the video on Utube?  Maybe if a few people comment he'll read it and listen, you think?

IP Logged

Lion_Dog

I Love Chows!

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 12:12am

HAHAHA!  That's too funny!  did anyone see her with that 4 foot long root dangling from her??  did you take of picture of her with the root that day? 
there's a part of the lawn in my yard where cocoa sits/sleeps on, and now it's all bare.  it' just a patch of compact dirt.  you can't grow grass there now unless you really loosen the dirt and put fresh soil on it.  any way, my dad was washing the fence and the water did not drain away on her "patch" so she started to play in it!  it looked like she was fishing.  (just like bears do with their paws...just splashing the water until they scoop up a fish)  well, in this case there was no fish...it was just mud! then she put her nose into it!  i had to grab her and bring her back into the house until the water drained.  she's so bad.

i tried to leave a comment on it but it didn't work.  a lot of people commented but i didn't see any response back from them.  i don't think they understand what people wrote because in the video they were not speaking english.  i just feel sorry for the dog Sad

IP Logged

Yvonne

as a Chow Chow

Hendersonville, TN
Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 1:24am

I can picture the mud puddle incident!  No, I am just not quick enough to think to get a camera lots of times!!  Undecided I always think of the camera when they look gorgeous!   Roll Eyes  LOL  Yes, a neighbor boy, who was with me, saw her.  He thought at first that it was a snake!   Grin 
Zion has always "dug" in his water too. He used to do it in his drinking dish in the house, forcing me to put his dish in the garage.  Now, he quit, but at the doggie park, they have an extra large drinking dish.  He does what yours did, dig dig dig, then he stands in it and smiles, then digs some more, until it's all empty.  I've been fortunate in that he hasn't run across a good mud puddle yet! Smiley

IP Logged

FNG303

My kingdom

Quebec
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 3:47pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxCt4oApYIs

In the top right corner of the screen, the owner says that the chow's name is Lion
and that this was the first and last time he put Lion in the pool and he felt very sorry.
Looking carefully, Lion looked like he was shaven from the shoulder down to the tail.

Here is a chow enjoying his natural element.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD8NR2_ZPNc

IP Logged

Yvonne

as a Chow Chow

Hendersonville, TN
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 7:21pm

Hmmm, oh, yes, I see the note now!  I wonder when he added it.  Well, Good, then, maybe Lion will be fine.  Smiley
I don't like how chows look when shaved.  Yet, I constantly have people telling me that my dogs look "hot" and that I should shave them!  Huh

IP Logged

Lion_Dog

I Love Chows!

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 9:46pm

YAY!!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

i'm no more swimming lessons for Lion chow!!

IP Logged

Yvonne

as a Chow Chow

Hendersonville, TN
Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 10:43pm

LOL!   Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print