Blue Tongue Talk
Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  HomeHelpSearchLogin NetChows.com  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Wet and smelly chins! (Read 45001 times)
Lion_Dog

I Love Chows!

Re: Wet and smelly chins!
Reply #60 - Mar 14th, 2010 at 3:01am

hi yvonne!

can you take a picture of Zion and his new cut?  cocoa gets wet chins too, but not to the point where i can't stand it. but i'd like to see how you trimmed him so i can get my groomer to do it Smiley

thanks!

IP Logged

Shane

Is there something that
I need to know

The Bahamas
Reply #61 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 12:21am

Question! The two dogs in that have the constantly wet chin, Mika and Suki, do they have droopy flews?

S.B.G. Chow Chows
Do you own your Chow Chow or does your Chows own you. Who serves who?
Shane conch32003@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Khristiann

Yunna and Yoshi

Reply #62 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 3:17pm

Mika and Suki wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 at 1:25pm:
Hi everyone!

I just wondered if anyone had the same problem as I seem to have with both of my chows, and that is that they are constantly wet and smelly underneath their chins!  Suki is cream and hers therefore looks a lot worse, as her fur is black where it's wet and doesn't smell very nice at all!!!  Mika never used to be like that as a puppy, but from about 5 months old, now that her hair is longer, she seems to be very wet and smelly underneath too.

I've tried affixing a water bottle to the wall for them, but this is not very good as it doesn't give them enough water when they are hot and desperate for a drink.  So then I bought an adjustable stand with 2 bowls on, which can both be adjusted to separate heights (see pic)

www.geocities.com/nickilauwers/drinkingbowls.jpg

This doesn't seem to work either.....in fact, it actually makes them wetter I think because they dribble more as they walk away!!

At the moment I've been drying Mika with a hairdryer (which takes forever!), and then putting a powder shampoo on her fur which doesn't require washing off.  With Suki I'm having to put her in the bath every couple of days and washing underneath her chin completely, then drying her with a hairdryer.

I have been advised to shave them underneath by a breeder, but I don't really want to do this as I think it spoils their beautiful looks.  The only other alternative that I can think of would be to put bibs on them during the day whilst they're at home, but I can't imagine that this is very comfortable for them, especially in the summer!

Any suggestions guys?

Many thanks,
Nicki
xxx

Hi Nicki its the way they drink...my two boys are always like that what I did was I just simply wipped thier chests with a clean cloth and blow dried it after...(I have a blower that is hot and cold I usually use the cold one) and voila cleam chests in no time....

Xtian's Petshop

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print